Wednesday, January 1, 2014

NY BICHON FRISE NEEDS HELP

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

I just saw this on Dave's facebook page.  I hope that one of you will know someone who can help.  

It is a Bichon picked up by animal control. Brooklyn Center, NY - Microchipped, neutered male, in great condition. 

When I see this I think of the time that I found a dog in the middle of the road, in the rain, in the middle of the night on my way home from work.  After a couple of tries, I finally just opened the car door and told him that if he "wanted to be saved, get in" and he did!  I bathed him and realized that I had a purebred Bichon on my hand with collar and tags, but the address was almost 40 miles away.  Lucky & strange, I thought.  I called several times a day for almost two weeks.  Getting madder with each call.  Come to find out the owner was out of the country for a month and his housekeeper, who lived about 5 miles from where I found him, was watching the dog.  (he later found out that he was just locked in her garage and escaped) The dog had been gone for days when I found him, and the housekeeper either didn't know what to do or was afraid that she would be in trouble, and hoped the dog would come back.  (she was an illegal). 

Anyway, I hope that there is a Bichon Rescue in that area or just a breeder or friend that will help.  Please share this. The dog runs out of time in 2 days.  How would you feel if that was your dog and you went on vacation for the holidays and now your dog was in a shelter.  
He is microchipped but evidently not registered, maybe the breeder has kept records?...
Lets see if we can help PLEASE...


Priscilla BakerBICHON LOVERS CLUBHOUSE (BLC)Anyone close enough to get this baby? I will pay fees to get him out and would figure out hown to get him to Florida .


SUPER URGENT 12/31/13 Brooklyn Center BABY - A0627547 NEUTERED MALE, WHITE, BICHON FRISE, 8 yrs STRAY - EVALUATE, HOLD FOR ID Reason STRAY Intake condition NONE Intake Date 12/31/2013, From NY 10301, DueOut Date 01/03/2014, Medical Behavior Evaluation GREEN Medical Summary SCAN POSITIVE- 4639217026 BRIGHT, ALERT, RESPONSIVE, HYDRATED PHYSICAL EXAM- EARS CLEAN EYES AND NOSE CLEAR MOD DENTAL TARTAR NO FLEAS/FLEA DIRT ABD NSF H/L WNL NEUTERED MALE AMBULAT For more information on adopting please read the following: For more information on adopting from the NYC AC&C, or to find a rescue to assist, please read the following: http://urgentpetsondeathrow.org/must-read/ For more info on behavior codes and ratings, please read here:https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=283116538381555 For more information on a particular dog, email adoption@nycacc.org but ONLY if serious about adopting, and ONLY if you are able to GO TO the shelter in-person. Please do not email for status updates... the only thing you will accomplish is spamming their inbox and causing REAL adopter emails to go unnoticed. Contact the NYC ACC at (212) 788-4000 for further automated instructions.
Top of Form
Like ·  · 50 minutes ago ·