Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Raymore, Missouri US Mail Theft ... AGAIN !!!

Hi All, 
Well, for the second time within a month our mailbox has been vandalized and mail stolen.  Our subdivision does not have 'house' delivery, instead we have MBUs - Multi Box Units - where 6 houses have their mail delivered.  They are small post office box size and lock with a key.  The MBU is about 2 houses down and actually is located in a vacant lot.  

I have lived here since 1990 and this has never happened before, and now twice within a month.  Also, my Reatta had the locking gas cap cover (the thing you pop open from inside the car when you get gas) pried open, scratching the paint, breaking the latch.  Try getting a new one of those for a classic car these days.  Things that have always been safe outside have gone missing.  That's just our house.  The neighbors have the same complaints.  

Yes, we have contacted the police but we have no 'proof.'  Was any mail actually delivered to you today?  What was stolen?  Well, hell! I know they have to ask the questions, but if you don't know what was delivered, how do you know what was stolen?  I thought jacking with the US Mail was a Federal Offense?  Can I prove how much gas was taken from my car?   Yeah, right.  What time did it happen?  How the heck should I know?  We're lucky if the mail gets here before noon.  But when you work, you check it when you get home.  

What I do know is that a new family moved in a few months ago.  Lots of teenagers and college age kids.  Coming and going at all hours.  The smell of marajuana smoke is so strong that I am sometimes afraid to inhale when I go outside.  (OK, you're right, sometimes I want to inhale).  

Again, we can't prove anything.  It is up to the victims to catch their assailant.  I can't even see the mailbox from my house so their is no putting a spy cam on it.  The neighbor that lives closest will probably do that this week.  But it's still just a real pain in the rear. 

My whole point of posting this is to notify my friends and family that have sent anything in the mail to us in the last month or so.  Please email me and ask if I got it.  If it was a check and it has been cashed, please verify that Dave or I were the ones to cash it.  If it was cashed by someone else, that will be the only way that we even get a police theft report, otherwise it is just 'damage to property.'  Big whoop. 


No comments:

Post a Comment