Wednesday, July 30, 2014

HCA Regional & National Update

Hello all.  
Sorry I haven't written in quite some time.  Between my health issues that you may or may not be aware of, and the allergic reaction that I have had to a new medicine, I have barely looked at a computer in a few weeks.  

For those of you who saw me at Nationals, it was bad then, but you wouldn't recognize me now.  The hives have gotten so bad that I couldn't see out of my right eye yesterday and the doctor's advice:  Well, if it affects your breathing or blisters up, go to the emergency room.  That means that I would probably get admitted to a burn unit.  Let's pray that it doesn't get that bad.  I actually scared a little kid yesterday at the doctor's office (that was kind of fun though!).  This could go on for weeks, after only having taken 3 doses of generic Lipitor!  Hives was not even listed as a possible reaction on the info sheet from the pharmacy.  I only found it when looking online.  I look like I was attacked by a swarm of bees, rolled in poison ivy, then left to bake in a tanning bed for hours.  

But, enough about me.

NOW, for the good, and not so good, stuff… 

HCA REGIONAL, Thursday July 24, 2014, Judge Robert Hutton:

RICHIE - 3rd in the BBE class (with Dave)

ZEUS, SELENA, TRULY:  all entered as specials, and we had a plan that, of course, went all to heck.  Poor Patti Lucas.  She was stuck showing ZEUS who is normally easy, but Truly was in standing heat so he had very few brain cells left, Dave was on SELENA, and I was on TRULY

We all made it to the final cut, but "Alas, poor Yorick..." (oops flash back to Shakespeare in the Park days) none of us walked out with a ribbon. 

HCA NATIONAL SWEEPSTAKES, Friday July 25, 2014, Judge Elaine Cirimelle:
RICHIE - 3rd in 9 - 12 month class (with Darlene)
PORTER - 4th in 9 - 12 month class (with Dave)

TRULY - 1st in 15 - 18 month class (with Dave)

HCA NATIONALS, Male classes, Friday July 25, 2014, Judge Jan Paulk
RICHIE - 2nd in BBE class (with Dave)
PORTER - 2nd in 9 - 12 month class (with Dave)

HCA NATIONALS, BEST OF BREED, Saturday, July 26, 2014, Judge Jan Paulk
SELENA - Select Bitch 


ZEUS, SELENA, TRULY:  all entered as specials, and we had a plan that, of course, went all to heck AGAIN.  Poor Patti Lucas, AGAIN.  She was stuck showing ZEUS, AGAIN, who is normally easy, but Truly was now in standing heat and in the line-up right behind Zeus, so he had ZERO brain cells left, maybe less, if that is possible.  Dave was on SELENA, and I was on TRULY. 

In that quality of an entry to have three specials make the cut, at BOTH SHOWS, we were very proud of our kids.  

Congratulations to all of the winners.  I must say that Ms. Paulk was very consistent with her judging and we were pleased to be in the ribbons.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All dogs that we exhibited were our breeding:

Richie & Porter - Meg x DSL kids.  
BISS CH Nirvana's Mystick Nutmeg X CH That's Havanney Truckin Along.

ZEUS & SELENA - Boo x Desi kids.
CH Adorabull's That's Deja Boo X  BIS MBISS AM GCH CAN CH Gingerbred Yukon Jack Desiderio

TRULY - Panda X Mason
CH That is Nirvana's Panda X GCH That's The Notorious Defender


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~